Delicious to snack on. But also really takes a recipe up a notch that just calls for plain pecans or walnuts. When we make a batch, I like to add them to salads, sweet potatoes like this sweet potato casserole, vanilla bean ice cream or Talenti’s Caramel Apple Pie gelato. You could also use them in place of plain pecans in a homemade granola or add it to yogurt or even add some on top of homemade banana bread before you pop it into the oven. The options are sort of endless!
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound pecan halves (we buy the 2 lb bag from Costco)
- ½ to 1 cup of organic pure cane sugar (we like to buy organic & you can make it as sweet as you'd like)
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 250.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip together the egg white and water until frothy. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add pecans to egg whites, stir to coat the nuts evenly. Remove the nuts, and toss them in the sugar mixture until coated. Spread the nuts out on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 1 hour. Take it out every 15 minutes and stir.
Recipe Credit: All Recipes