THESE COOKIES. I’m telling you, you must try this recipe. It does take 2-4 hours to chill the dough, so just be aware of that. Nothing is more disappointing when you’re wanting to whip up a quick batch of cookies to either bring to a party or to satisfy that sweet craving. These are WORTH the wait.
Holiday Sugar Cookies Recipe
I have LOVED Landyn since the day I started following her like 2 or more years ago. When she raved and raved about these cookies I wanted to make them. They’re buttery and so soft. It’s a recipe we now make every year around the holidays!
Recipe credit: Living With Landyn
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar (we use organic pure cane)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (we actually use organic unrefined coconut oil and I highly recommend using it. It’s healthier and it gives them the slightest coconut flavor and adds sweetness. I’ve never actually made them any other way and I’m telling you…try it!!)
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Red, green, & clear sugar crystals
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter; add sugars and beat until fluffy.
- Add egg and beat well. Beat in the oil and add vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- Combine dry ingredients with butter mixture and beat until combined.
- Chill dough for 2-4 hours.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and then roll the balls in the sugar crystals.
- Place dough 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet and flatten with a fork.
- Bake 8-10 minutes