Mama's Taco Chili
Author: My Mama
This is one of those super quick meals to whip up that's FULL OF FLAVAAA. It's great for a cozy and cold fall/winter night at home...or in the heat of summer when you're craving something to warm up your tummy and make you feel like Autumn is just around the corner. I like to keep the canned items on hand so that all I need to pick up from the store is ground beef or turkey and an onion. And don't forget, do not rinse or drain any of the canned goods. Add some cheese, avocado, and tortilla chips on top! If you have flour tortillas on hand >> add some shredded cheese + onion and microwave it for 25 seconds and then add salsa (Mateo's is our FAVORITE - check to see if your Costco carries it)...use it to dip into the chili/soup!! So good. Well, I hope you like it! It's certainly on repeat over here in the cooler months. If you make the recipe...use the tag #withgraceandloveblog on instagram! I'd love to see!!
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 1 pound organic grass fed beef or ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 pouch McCormick Taco Seasoning
- 1 pouch Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1 can black beans, undrained
- 1 can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 can sweet corn, undrained
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- Your favorite tortilla chips (we like Late July Restaurant Style or Sea Salt & Lime)
- Shredded cheese, optional
- Avocado, optional
- Brown ground beef or turkey. Add diced onion and cook until translucent.
- Pour in taco seasoning packet and add ¾ cup water and cook for about 5 minutes until combined with the onion and meat mixture.
- Add ranch seasoning packet and let cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Rinse and clean the tops of your cans with soap (Mama's orders). She taught me this at an early age.
- Pour all 4 cans (corn, black beans, pinto beans, diced tomatoes) into stock pot.
- Cover and let it all simmer for 45 minutes or longer.
- Serve with cheese, avocado, tortilla chips or whatever you want on top.