I was unsure of what to call this salad. It has all the winter fruits in it so I thought “Winter Salad” was appropriate. It’s a perfect side for Thanksgiving or Christmas. You could also make a meal out of it on its own. Add some chicken or leftover ham or turkey to it and you’ve got a pretty tasty dish. We were in a rush to throw something together for Thanksgiving and luckily we happened to have all this stuff in our refrigerator. I typically just throw together my own dressing but I didn’t have a lot of time to screw it up so I looked up one on the internet and found this one. Same ingredients I typically use as a base. You could even add a little orange juice/pomegranate juice/apple cider or some fig jam/raspberry/strawberry preserves to make it a little fruity.
Tag me on insta if you try it!
- Spinach or spring mix
- Clementine pieces
- Chopped apple (I love honeycrisp or gala)
- Pomegranate arils (I like to buy the Pom Poms Fresh Arils in a cup. Costco carries them in a 2-pack)
- Craisins, dried cranberries
- Cinnamon sugar pecans (or you can just use plain pecans/walnuts)
- Feta Cheese
- Citrus dressing: ¼ cup EVOO, 1 tbs. Dijon, 1 tbs. pure maple syrup, 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar, salt + pepper
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl.
- For dressing, I like to mix it all together in a mason jar so that I can store it with a lid or transport it easily if we need to. Also, it's to taste so add more of whatever you think it needs for your taste buds!
Citrus Dressing: Ree Drummond – The Pioneer Woman