Yesterday, I shared our recent haul from Trader Joe’s in my instagram stories. Everything I mentioned is listed down below PLUS I included items we have tried in the past that we LOVE, too!
Our Fall Favorites
Pumpkin Rolls – These are our FAVORITE!!! Like I said in my instagram stories, I’d buy 2 or 3 cans because as soon as you enjoy one can, you’ll wish you had another for the next weekend for a yummy breakfast at home! If you like bacon, pick up their Uncured Apple Smoked Bacon to eat with it! Mmm Mmm Mmm!
Pumpkin O’s Cereal – We love to eat these dry as a snack! So good! Kind of have a similar texture to Apple Jacks or Cap’N Crunch cereal – like a crispy texture if you will – definitely a different texture than your normal Honey Nut Cheerios. We LOVE these and wished we would have bought an extra box or two of these too! Gluten free.
Organic Pumpkin Bread – A little bit of a healthier option in terms of what they have in their fresh bakery section. It’s pre-sliced bread that has pumpkin, sunflower and sesame seeds on it too! The texture of the bread is similar to Pepperidge Farm Cinnamon Swirl Bread. We like to toast it and top it with their Pumpkin Cream Cheese.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese – The perfect addition to your morning toast or bagel!
Apple Cider Donuts – Okay, so we’ve never bought these but they sampled them last time and they were AMAZING.
Autumn Maple Coffee – I mentioned that my husband wanted to try this, and it smells ahhhmazing! This is technically the only item on this list we haven’t tried yet. Only because we are finishing up some other coffee right now.
Apple Cider – Tastes delicious cold from the fridge or heated up on the stove! Also, if you haven’t tried this Spiced Cider Mule recipe we concocted last season, TJ’s Apple Cider is a must-have ingredient to make them!!
Ginger Chunk Cookies + Soft-Baked Snickerdoodle Cookies – Both of these cookies are available year-round which is GOOD NEWS for us! I wanted to include them because I know some people don’t care for pumpkin flavored things and these still put off a Fall Vibe with their hints of spice!! The Ginger Chunk Cookies remind me of Tate’s Cookies but are unique in that they have little chewy ginger chunks in them! When you finish the cookie, you’re left with some chewy ginger chunk goodness to chew on!! Just like crystallized ginger (basically dried ginger with sugar) if you’ve ever had that! Both are Gluten Free and are yummy to enjoy with a cup of tea. The Soft-Baked Snickerdoodles are free of: Wheat, Milk, Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Egg, Soy and are also Vegan.
Mini Hold The Cone Ice Cream Cones in Pumpkin Ginger – These are SO good. The perfectly sized dessert. Just be careful to not eat the whole box in one sitting.
Pumpkin Cranberry Crisps – Would be great paired with a mild cheese such as Havarti or Brie and with sweet ham or turkey. We love Boar’s Head Maple & Honey Ham from the deli.
And DON’T FORGET to pick up these two staples:
Organic Canned Pumpkin – Only $1.99 so stock up especially if you bake a lot in the Fall.
Pumpkin Pie Spice Seasoning – Love to add this to coffee! Also use it in my grandma’s homemade pumpkin bread which I hope to type up in a blog post soon. The easy part is typing up the recipe – the hard part is taking the time to try to get blog-worthy photos… It’s seriously THE BEST pumpkin bread. My husband agrees and we have tried several.
Seasonal Items On Our List To Try
- Apple Cider Jam – I have heard this is delicious and has more of an apple taste and less of a ‘cidery/spice’ taste if you will. Nonetheless, I’m excited to try it. Big jam lovers over here! Sounds like it’d be good with crackers and cream cheese! Or on top of biscuits/croissants.
- Pumpkin Butter – I mentioned how we love to top their Pita Bite Crackers with Laughing Cow Cheese + Jam. Typically, I like a blackberry, blueberry or some kind of berry jam. But, for the season, I feel like the Pumpkin Butter or Apple Cider Jam would be good festive options! I have heard this is tasty on top of their Frozen Pumpkin Waffles too.
- Maple Butter – According to the packaging, it is a spreadable maple syrup and they suggest dipping apples or pretzels into it or just spreading it on top of toast with bacon crumbles. Umm, yes please!
- Cinnamon Bun Spread – I feel like this sounds like it would be good to add on top of waffles or pancakes! Or maybe for dipping apple slices into.
- Harvest Blend Herbal Tea – Love winding down with a cup of tea in the evening. Especially to help curb those sweet cravings.
- Maple Streusel Bread – Picked this up and smelled it and OH MY WORD!! It smelled heavenly. But we decided to be a tad healthier and get the Organic Pumpkin Bread instead. I really want to try this though! If we were having friends or family over for breakfast, this is what we’d pick up! I don’t know that I could trust myself with a whole loaf.
- Fall Harvest Salsa – Always love trying new salsas.
- Autumnal Harvest Creamy Pasta Sauce – Just sounds tasty.
- Fall Zucchette Pasta – Butternut Squash Pasta in the shape of cute little pumpkins!
- Frozen Pumpkin Waffles
- Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese
- Riced Cauliflower & Butternut Squash Risotto
- Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Casserole
I didn’t include a bunch of the cookie, waffle/pancake, and bread mixes. I’ve tried the Pumpkin Bread Mix where you add just water and oil I think, maybe an egg too but I prefer my grandma’s pumpkin bread recipe big time over the boxed pumpkin bread. We enjoy making homemade recipes so we didn’t add any of that stuff to our cart. They have quite a few options – I even saw a Cinnamon Crumb Coffee Cake mix that looked tempting.
Anywho, there are MANY MANY more seasonal items. These are just the things we have tried and the things that have caught my eye that are on my shopping list. I don’t think we will get around to trying all the jams/butters this year but I will definitely pick up one to try next trip and report back!
So, tell me!! What are your favorites?? Comment below – I’d love to know!!
Also, if you try anything from this list, I would LOVE to know how you like whatever you pick up!! You can tag me on instagram stories (@withgraceandloveblog), send me an email ([email protected]), or comment on this post!!
I hope you have cooler temps wherever you are. It’s still summer here in Texas but thankfully, it’s been somewhat cooler in the mornings and evenings. That’s why I love going to Trader Joe’s and stocking up on some of our favorites – it gets us excited for the next season, even if Texas is a little behind.